27.8.14

Success Story from the Wolfville C@P Lab #3!

August has been a great month here at the Wolfville C@P Lab, and we've had many repeat patrons and visitors come through that were very fun to catch up with. The protagonist of one of my previous success stories, the Sri Lankan woman who came in for a few hours to get help writing a resume, came back in last week! She remembered who I was and I got another big hug from her as soon as she walked in. She needed help updating her resume so she could apply to one of the local nursing homes for the coming fall. I was surprised at how much her English had improved - come to find out that it was due to her volunteer work at the nursing homes in the area that her vocabulary had gotten so much better. She told me that she loved her job as a volunteer and was applying to work there full time. I was very excited for her and helped her update her resume for her new pursuits.
Seeing her again was a great experience for me, as she was one of my best memories here as a C@P Youth Intern. I wish her luck in her future employments and endeavours and hope to see her again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment