7.7.11

What have I done today to be helpful?

Today I had a meeting with a young girl and her mother. This young girl has down's syndrome and was very nervous about registering for one of the animation classes. After talking with her and her mother for ten minutes the girl seemed very excited for the class. When she first saw me she was very shy, and to answer any questions she would nod or shake her head no. However when she was leaving I said, "I hope your excited for tomorrow!"
She then looked right at me with a great big smile and said, "Yeah!"
I guess the reason this was helpful is because being nervous can be one of the scariest things to overcome, but by talking to this girl I think her nervousness went from a 10 to a 5.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great story, also the picture is very funny too =)

    ReplyDelete