20.7.11

What have I do today to be helpful?

This morning I took pictures of the library and uploaded them to the computer for my supervisor. I then emailed them for her. It was a great way to start the day!

What have I done today to make it more likely I will learn something?

Today as I was helping someone with their computer I listened to what she was having problems with. I asked her to walk me through what she normally does at home. I watched what she was doing and realized that her track pad was very sensitive. So I adjusted her track pad by taking away the click function. This made it much easier for her use! I learned that before trying to solve the problem I had to see if there was anything else contributing to the problem! Observe the problem before trying to solve it!

Have I done something positive about someone to their face?

During a one-on-one computer tutorial this afternoon I said what great improvements she had made and also how great she did with the double click!

I talked to my sister during my lunch break today as she had called me earlier in the day. However, when I called her back she had already found a solution to the problem! Her pony has to take medication and he has been eating it along with his feed but this morning he did not. So she found another way to give it him! I told her what a great job she is doing with him as she watches him closely each day to observe how he is doing and makes sure he gets all his medication.

Have you said something positive about someone, when they are not even in the room?

Last week I was telling my supervisor about the great pasta I had in Port Williams. I was explaining how great the owner and the employees were. She has gone twice and she really enjoyed it as well! So we were talking about what great food there was and about how great the owner and employees were!

Over the weekend I was telling my family how much I am enjoying my job and how my supervisors and others I work with are so much fun to work with!

What have I done today to be good to myself?

Everyday I bring a lunch but this morning I decided I would go for pasta instead! I decided it would be a nice treat! It was very good!

I also enjoy reading so over the weekend I bought a book and I finished it over the weekend! I had not really had much chance to read since last summer!

2 comments:

  1. Is this the pasta store downtown? I have been meaning to go! Is it pasta that is cooked to eat there, or can you buy some pasta to take home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in port williams beside the bistro place! You can eat there or you can buy it to take home and heat up! Both ways it is very good! :)

    ReplyDelete