19.7.11

The Last of Challenge 2

What have I done today to make it more likely some ELSE will learn something?

I made an extra handout and spent all day working on it for my beginners class tomorrow night to learn about emails. I have been finding that the needs of beginners are all different so I made sure that I had asked what they wanted to learn to gear the session to their interests. Hopefully they will be more likely to learn something because they will be interested in it.

Have I done something positive about someone to their face?

I told one of our volunteers who comes in often throughout the week what a big help he was. I think he was happy to know that he was being helpful.

Have you said something positive about someone, when they’re note even in the room?

The other day I said to one of the Librarians how nice my boss Nick is and how funny he is. He makes working here at the C@P lab fun!

What have I done today to be good to myself?

I love reading and because I have been working on school as well as working two jobs, my personal reading time has been limited. But since I have now finished one job and am near finishing my course, I decided to order some books from amazon and treat myself. I know it’s crazy to buy books when you work at a library, but there is something about adding a book to your bookshelf that feels rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment